Saturday 16 January 2016

2 Week Challenge:Going Veggie

I went an gave myself the challenge of going vegetarian for 2 weeks, yes I could of gone vegan but that is seriously hardcore, so no I'm going to give that one a pass.

 Cutting out meat is hard enough for the moment but I feel I at least owe all the delicious animals I have consumed over the festive season.

With any radical change in diet please consult your doctor, I myself was concerned about becoming anaemic and since your body finds it harder to absorb iron from plant sources I went on got some iron tablets.

I will give a general break down of what I ate each day but won't go into every snack/ shake.

I do bash on Quorn quite a bit and I'm sorry for that but Quorn won out in the end because they got my money!

Day 1.
I was actually quite excited to try Quorn, sadly my excitement didn't last long. I don't like Quorn, the smell, texture or taste and not much cheaper than my usual turkey mince. This makes me hate  Mo Farrah even more for flogging the stuff on those annoying adverts.

Day 2.
Giving Quorn Mince another go, this time in a chili con carne. I am hoping the stronger flavours will make it more palatable, I did buy a margarita pizza just in case it still tasted like feet and it did! I almost enjoyed my chilli, pizza for dinner tomorrow then.

Day 3.
I had a mixed, spicy bean wrap for lunch, it was ok, couldn't quite shake that nagging feeling that it would be a great snack with some chicken in it! A massive margarita pizza for tea!

Veggie Breakfast
Day 4.
Had lots of eggs and porridge today.
Treated myself to scrambled eggs with pancakes and maple syrup.
Everything was moving today if you catch my drift, spent a lot of the time on the toilet. I am blaming that bloody Quorn!

Day 5.
I have picked up a virus in my throat so I am just sticking to eggs, protein shakes and yogurts. Cheese and tomato pasta for dinner. I blame that bloody Quorn for this terrible virus!

Day 6.
Still feeling like Ke$ha does after waking up in a strange bath tub after a hard night. I get some yogurt down me, a cheese and pickle sandwich and a very generous helping of jacket potato with cheese and beans.

Day 7.
 Still feeling rough. Eggs and a veggie burger today, it wasn't bad but I would of preferred a nice grilled chicken sandwich.

Day 8.
Gave Quorn another shot, this time Quorn Chicken, not impressed.

Day 9.
Had a vegetarian cooked breakfast, I was told Quorn Sausage and Bacon taste great, they didn't.

Day 10.
 Nothing to exciting! Whole wheat pasta, with pasatta and spinach. Happily a Quorn free day!

Day 11.
Still feeling ill. Didn't eat much today so not much to write

Day 12.
I made a vegetarian pizza for dinner!

Day 13.
Eggs, porridge and yogurts oh my

Day 14.
Final day and gave Quorn one final chance and it won my heart a little! Quorn Beef Steak and  Quorn Southern Fried Chicken in cheese and onion baps!
Quorn Beef and Chicken

Once I got started going veggie I didn't find too hard, which did surprise me. I did feel like I was spending more money on meals though!

 I did find myself becoming increasingly more annoyed at the amount of products that seemed to needlessly have meat by products in them, from hot chocolate to mousses to sauces. I spent a lot of time looking for the little V for vegetarian before eating anything.

My weight stayed the same, I am putting that down to chocolate being vegetarian, not sure I could of given up meat and chocolate.

 My skin has been in great condition, I do get them on occasion get the odd spot and haven't had a single one over the last 2 weeks. This may be a coincidence but I like to thing that it is down to my virtuous dedication to my challenge!

The only other notable difference I can say is that my toilet habits have changed but I am not going into detail about that.

After going meat free for 2 weeks I am going to say that while I will never give up meat I will make an effort to take part in No Meat Mondays, there is no reason why I shouldn't and there are too many good reasons to ignore it.

Onto to the water challenge for the next 2 weeks!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig