Sunday 24 January 2016

Vita Coco Coconut Water

 l, like most people bought into the and the coconut water hype, but is it really all that?
 Most the prominent brand is Vita Coco so I decided to splash out  £2.50 for a litre of the stuff since it was on offer at my local super market!

There are claims it can lower blood pressure, have anti ageing properties, cure kidney stones and cancer!
I have not seen much any evidence of this anywhere so I am going to stick to what I do know.

The main claim is that it's an excellent hydrator, far superior to water and sports drinks due it's high levels of potassium.

Vita Coco coconut water has got 10% of you rda per 100ml, not exactly what I would call high!

Potassium is great for your energy levels, it works hand and hand with sodium but the problem with sodium is that it's everywhere, just look at most processed foods.

Now this is the bit where I get to coconut water, most energy drinks use sodium to help rehydrate you and I am guessing you probably don't need any extra in you in diet.

This makes coconut water a good alternative, if you have a diet rich in potassium rich foods then you can probably give it a miss.

I like the taste of coconut water, I feel it's easier on my body, has fewer calories, it's comparable in price and I love it when I am hung over!

Give it a go or don't, it won't change your life!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig