Monday 21 December 2015

Muscle Mousse: Hot, Chilled and Frozen

You might not have noticed if you haven't been following my recipe page, that I was sent a pouch of Muscle  Mousse to review and highlight as an ingredient to be used in baking.

To add to this I am writing this post to tell you about Chocolate Muscle on it's own with the twist of reviewing it hot, frozen and chilled

First the hot, seen as I am waiting for the Mousse to chill and freeze!

I made a cup of Muscle Mousse hot chocolate, first with water which didn't exactly get rave reviews.

Then I made it with milk which tasted a lot like Horlics but it make it really enjoyable I added some Jordon's Skinny Syrup, I would avoid using boiling water to avoid the drink from curdling so instead microwave it for about 2 minutes. I have written a review on Jordon's if you fancy a gander!

Not bad for a product not being sold as a hot drink!

Next we have Muscle Mousse as the muscle mousse gods intended chilled, like Bob Marley on a warm summer evening.

 The muscle mousse instructs you to make it with water, I feel that this is a trap that must be avoided!
I much prefer it when it's made from milk. The flavour isn't really strong but nice enough.

I know it's cold outside but that doesn't stop ice cream sales being consistent all year round so in the freezer the muscle mousse went, plus Frozen stuff is in this year so if you have a little Elsa about you can serve her up some protein gains!

 I didn't bother trying it with water see I wasn't a fan of my make shift hot chocolate or chilled mousse when I made it water.

 I quite liked the frozen muscle mousse, more so than the chilled version and feel like I have discovered a frozen protein dessert that is cheaper and just as enjoyable as  Whey Hey protein ice cream.

I wish I could of written a more enthusiastic post but I think my sugar addiction may of affected my ability to properly enjoy Muscle Mousse.

 Great to bake with though! The only chocolate in my brownies came from the Muscle Mousse and everyone I gave them too enjoyed them.

Hopefully this post hasn't put you off trying Muscle Mousse for yourself, if you have been good you could always ask Santa for a bag for Christmas and if you've been bad you will just have to buy it yourself!








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig