Saturday 4 July 2015

Quinoa Porridge

Ingredients:

100g of quinoa
180ml of semi skimmed milk

First pour your quinoa into a pan of your chose and put it on the hob over a medium heat and cook until it has browned, you will have to stir it often to stop it from burning, while I was browning the quinoa it popped like popcorn!

Once you are happy that your quinoa is suitably toasted then add your milk, bring to boil then let it simmer until your grains are soft and at your desired consistency, I added cinnamon at this point then one I had got the porridge into my into my bowl I added a spoon full of honey, but like porridge made from oats you can be as creative as you like!

My porridge has a nutty taste and a bit of bite to it, I have never had quinoa porridge before so I have nothing to compare mine to but I did enjoy it and given the chose I would take quinoa porridge over oats.

Nutritionally quinoa destroys oats with higher protein, vitamin B-3, fibre, iron, calcium, folate, zinc, vitamin E and magnesium so it's worth giving it ago and seeing what you think!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bone Idol Fitness. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig